Monday, February 24, 2014

Feb 17, 2014 and Feb 24, 2014

This week was a pretty good week! We worked hard to get a baptism this week, but it didn't quite work out, but we have 3 ready for this week so, Vamos Arriba! It's been hard to visit all the people we have to visit because we don't really have a lot of help from the members, but they are doing a lot better now, I think they realized this week when we didn't have any baptisms the members realized that they like having baptisms and they want to help more so that's pretty awesome!!!

This week has been super hot and pretty chilly in the nights, so it's cooling down, I hope!!!

We've got a lot of really great investigators and it's just incredible to see all of their progress!!! It's super cool what the gospel does to their lives!

This Friday we took a little trip to another Zone for a short little Conference and it was pretty good! Our temporary mission president is a super capò!!! He's been president before and he's been a temporary here before!

But after the conference at the house we had 6 other elders staying the night, so like always, we bought pizza, the same pizza as always. The next morning was awful!!! We were all fighting for the bathroom and it was just an awful day, but yesterday and today were a lot better!!!

Oh I also thought I had lost my wallet, up until the point I called the financers and cancelled my church card, but I found it this morning so it's all ok"!!! Other than being sick though, this week was super good, we just need more time in the day to teach everyone we want!! Today our PDay only goes till 3 and not 6 because WED we get to go to the temple!!!! I'm super excited!!! I'll finally get to see the new video, and it's gonna be a great day!!! LOVE YOU ALL TONS!!!!



Feb 24, 2014

This week was a great week!!! We ended the week with 3 baptisms on Sunday and was super awesome!!! Luis Miguel, Kevin and Romina. Luis Miguel I had to baptize him 3 times because he's a big kid and I couldn't get his head all the way under the water!!! It was so hard!!! I think the reason I got it on the third time was we started to fill up the water so that there was more agua in the font!!! It was a super awesome experience!!! We went by there house later that day and it's just incredible to see the difference in there faces and knowing how much better there lives are going to be!!! Our zone is going crazy with baptisms!!! Our goal was 14 and we have 24!!!! Our district has 15 and our area has 10!!!!

 I've learned so much from my new comp that I wanna see if I can do it with a different comp! The weather has still been crazy like in Utah, but pretty much every night is chilly so we can sleep super well!!!! The members still aren't helping a ton, but they are slowly getting to the point of helping us more with all the baptisms we've had. It's super incredible everything that I've learned in the mission and I can just look back on it all and see how the mission is preparing us to be the most successful people we can possibly be in our lives!!!! The changes I've seen is just incredible and I will continue to work as hard as can for the people in this country, so that they can live with their families for eternity like we can!!!! But first I have to learn how to understand them!!!! No, I can understand them pretty well, but they definitely talk a lot different than in my first area!!! They're all from farms and fields here and my other area was more city so its super different here, but I like the challenge, not really, I'm just used to it by now!!!

Oh yeah and now I'm doing this promise from Pres Hinckley that if you memorize 1 scripture everyday for 40 days you willl have a photographic memory, It's super hard, I almost quit yesterday, but now I'm on day 12!!!! It's actually helped a lot in charlas and stuff to have scriptures memorized!!!!

The temple was incredible and the new video just blew all of our minds!!!! We packed that little temple literally to the limits! But even though the video was in Spanish, i feel like I understand everything and I didn't even have to try and translate everything in my head, so that was awesome!!! The only part not so awesome was the 4 hour bus trip their and then 4 hours back, but other than that it was great!!!

(For all of you following Elder Oliver, I think we should count the number of times he says SUPER, AWESOME, and GREAT and then encourage him to strengthen his vocabulary when he gets home:)  I am so glad that he is happy, healthy and excited to be sharing the gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment