Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Letter catch-up, again... Two great letters

Jan 13, 2014

Hey everyone! This week was incredible!!! We had tons of success and high numbers which is always good too!!! The Hermanas still beat everyone in the Zone, but we came in 2nd place, again. The Hermanas are super awesome! And they had a baptismo which is sweet!! The person they baptized is always helping us now, so that's super sweet!!!

 I dunno where this came from, but my comp and I have made the goal to have  8 baptisms on the 26th of this month... That's kind of ridiculous, but I really think we can reach this goal! It's gonna be super awesome, but really difficult!!! Our ZL's don't believe in us, but I'm sure we're gonna make it!!!

We didn't have a lot of lunches this past week, but I made sure that changed this week!!! I really wish it was a lot colder here!!!! There was actually 1 night that it was chilly and it was so easy to sleep, I loved it!!!! It's just been rainy and hot and rainy and hot here, but it's super great! This week we found this one family and one of the daughters name is Milagros ( Miracles), I'm not gonna lie, that family is definitely a bunch of milagros!!! They are gonna be at least 5 of our 8 baptisms. This week was just a lot of walking/running to reach our goals for the week, but we reached them!!! The Zone Leaders put 2 desafios with each companionship this week and ours was to have 5 fechas for baptism, check, and 100% of our references contacted, that was super hard. We had to contact 14 on Sunday, but we did it!!! I'm loving the mission right now!!! It's super tiring and hard, but it's so incredible to see the changes in peoples lives!!!! For anyone with just a little doubt in their head, they should just push it out and go, because it's incredible!!!

Sounds like you guys have had a crazy week!!! It's super awesome that you guys have snow, that's definitely something  I miss. It's super good that everyone is gonna be starting school up again, just a little scary that Ethan has a car now... Dad always going to the hospital...  At least he's ok!  The Oils have been working super good! I actually thought about starting to sell them down here to the other missionairies, but I don't think that's gonna fly with the mission president... but I do need more if you could get them down here... Love you all a ton!!!!!

Jan 21, 2014

The hermanas won again!!!! We came in 2nd which is ok with me, because the hermanas son capas!!! They both have super bad knees, but they just show their love for these people and destroy it every week!

This week was great!!! We are still teaching the super awesome family and part of them are preparing to baptized this week and hopefully the other part the next week! Milagros, the 13 year old daughter, has always read the chapters in the LDM We've left here to read so we told her to start from the beginning, and she did. That night she got home and started to read at 12 in the night and read till 2 in the morning up until chapter 6! Then after church that next day she read more and when we got to there house she had read up until chapter 10! The coolest thing is that she understands and remembers everything she has learned!!! That shows me, like my other 2 baptismos, that these people are literally prepared by angels!

 It's still super hot, with random rain torments, like right now. Actually on Sunday it hailed, but we were in a house the whole time so that's ok!  Saturday the assistants texted the ZLs and said that everyone needs to travel for a conference Monday at 12 and not to ask why because they didn't know.... Nobody knew what to expect, but the mission president announced he has to go home, by the advice of the prophets, to fix some legal issues with his hospitals/ business. I never expected to have more than 1 mission president, but things happen. It's super sad, but this month we have the opportunity to reach the meta of the month for baptismos and if we reach it, it'll be the first time in a long time!!! Like 10 years. We're trying to double the number for last Jan(65) and right now we have 65!!! This week we're gonna see miracles to finish out strong for our Pres. At the end of the conference as missionaries we decided to sing Till we Meet Again for our Pres, and lets just say the spirit was there!!! I'm gonna miss Pres Newsome, because he's incredible, but what are we gonna do...

We're preparing for 4 baptisms this week, so I'm super excited!!! I've been learning a lot lately how to recognize the spirit better and how cool the gospel is!!! It's so cool and logical!!!  I've been studying hard and learning a ton, I suggest it to every person in the world!!! If you have true intention to learn and feel the spirit, you'll be impressed in how interesting the Book of Mormon is and the true power it has beacause IT IS THE WORD OF GOD! I never thought I would say this, but I love learning and reading and I wish I had more time to do it!!!!!!!!! I was talking with Elder Smart, my MTC comp, he was on the bus to Montevideo with me, and with Elder Arellano, about how we are on the same level of spirituality as the Apostles. We are literally set apart as special witness's of Christ, like the apostles. We have the same duty to preach, ALWAYs, as the apostles. We just don't realize the power we have as missionaries or the potential we have! Plus we don't know how to trust and use the spirit like the apostles, but I hope  by the end of my mission I have used this power I have to the best of my ability, so that I can use it after as well.... If I can suggest those preparing for a mission, Ethan, Brigham, and Clara, and others, study the scriptures and study the power of the Holy Ghost and learn tp recognize it and follow it now!!!!!!! Love you all! !

Thanks for the letter mom!! Love you tons!! Don't worry I'm gonna stay out here and continue to do what I need!!! I know that Craig dad is with me and helping me always!!!! I can't believe that Dad is opening a shop like that.... Where in the world did that idea come from!?!?!?!!?! I hope they can find friends faster, I'll definitely pray for them!!! I heard about Cam, what a stud!!! And things I need, want, money to buy a thumb drive to put my pics and stuff on, seasoning like montreal steak seasoning, and stuff like that, PHOTOS, oh yeah my watch battery died, so money for that or a new one, and I was thinking that if Craig dad had a journal, I would really love to read that, especially if he had one from his mission and a copy of his patriarchal blessing and maybe the dvd if you have it. I would love all those things!!!!! Oh also something a little bit bigger is a set of super nice scriptures in English, that are separated, not the quad, in a nice case. I would like to study these and mark these so Ethan can use Dad's scriptures to, but the scriptures are a lot more correct in English. I know this is a lot, but whenever you can!!! Oh did you watch that one video I told you?!?!?!?! It's to good not to watch it! :) Love you a ton!


No comments:

Post a Comment