Thursday, August 22, 2013

Keep up with Elder Oliver!








I am going to attempt to do the blogging thing.  I hope that I am better at this than I am at keeping in touch with all of my friends made in the different states in which I have lived!  I am hoping that the motivation to do this for my child, will be good enough:)

Well, Bailey's mission started with this:


"Dear Elder Oliver,

You are hearby called to serve as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  You are assigned to labor in the Uruguay Montevideo Mission.  It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months.

You should report to the Argentina Mission Training Center on Thursday, August, 15, 2013.  You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language.  Your assignment may be modified according to the needs of the Mission President."...

After meeting up with his cousin, Kendall Kern, in the Atlanta airport on his way to Argentina, we got a short email from Bailey, very short:)

"I made it to the MTC safe and sound. I actually flew with 3 other Elders and 7 Sisters. I am very confused and have no idea what`is going on, like everyone else. Plus, I am starving!!! Write to me on Thurs because that is my PDay. Also, if you can message Ruth and get friend adresses and stuff for me that would be great, Thanks. LOVE YOU!"





No comments:

Post a Comment